I do not have a photo of the ice cream, just a simple vanilla bean. This means that the multiple times we have made this recipe, either:
- We liked it so much that we gobbled it all up before we could take a picture
- It melted and would not have made a very nice picture.
- The camera needed charging.
- My SD card was too full from all of the other yummy recipes I take pictures of.
- The electricity was out and we were eating our ice cream (before it melted in the chest freezer) by candle light (which wouldn’t make for very good photo lighting).
Take your pick. 😉 Whatever it was, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this recipe! And if you happen to take a photo, you can send one my way and I’ll post it for everyone! 🙂 Note that this is not GAPS legal, sorry GAPsters! It is made with real food, though–so once you transition off of GAPS, this is a wonderful treat!
Honey Vanilla Bean Custard Ice Cream
2 vanilla beans
2 c raw cream
1 c raw milk
1/2 c raw honey
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
To see the rest of my recipe, check it out on my other blog, One Lovely Mess. 🙂