It won’t be long until we will have zucchini from our garden…I thought I’d share this yummy recipe that uses both carrots and zucchini. YUM! Have it for breakfast or alongside a soup or salad, or even as a dessert!
Coconut Flour Carrot Zucchini Muffins
1/2 c coconut oil, melted
1/2 c honey
2 TB vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c coconut flour
1 c carrots, shredded (about 2 medium)
1 c zucchini, shredded (about 1 small)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with liners, or grease with coconut oil.
- Combine the eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add in the salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the coconut flour over the mixture and then whisk into the batter.
- Mix well so that there aren’t any clumps.
- Fold in the shredded carrots and zucchini.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.